Isotonix® OPC-3 for Adults & Children
- Supports a healthy complexion
- Numerous scientific studies have shown that ingredients found in OPC - 3 may contribute to the maintenance of cardiovascular health, joint health and flexibility, visual health, immune health, blood pressure, antioxidant protection, and blood glucose levels.
- Contains Pycnogenol® (French maritime pine bark extract) which is one of the most clinically researched and potent bioflavonoids with more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals. *
- Pycnogenol is highly bioavailable to the body, making it easily absorbed, according to studies
- Contains Grape Seed, Red Wine, Bilberry, and Citrus Extracts, which are rich in polyphenols and bioflavonoids
- Polyphenols and bioflavonoids have been scientifically studied and results indicate that they may contribute to the maintenance of overall good health, due to their antioxidant benefits and their support of healthy circulation.
- Supplement recommended for Adults and Children
- Delicious, easy-to-take, once a day formula for the entire family to enjoy
- Isotonix is a fast and efficient nutraceutical delivery system that promotes enhanced absorption of active ingredients.
- Isotonic formula ideal for everyone who has difficulty swallowing tablets or capsules
- This vegetarian product contains no added wheat, soy, yeast, gluten, artificial flavour, colouring, salt, preservatives or milk (lactose)
- Product produced to high GMP (Good Manufacturing Practises) quality standards
- Naturally flavoured supplement adults and children will love
* For more information visit: www.pycnogenol.com/applications
Gluten-Free - The finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
No Detectable GMOs - The finished product contains no detectable genetically-modified organisms
Vegan - This product is vegan
Isotonic-Capable Drinkable Supplements - Easy-to-swallow supplements in liquid form are immediately available to the body for absorption
Quality Standards - GMP Operations and Standardised Ingredients
Checked For: Heavy Metals, Microbiological Contaminants, Allergens, Potency, Purity and Identity
Why Choose Isotonix OPC-3?
Antioxidants aren’t just important for adults; they also provide astounding benefits for growing children. Sometimes it’s difficult for children to get complete antioxidant protection from their typical diet, especially if they are picky eaters. That’s why we’re proud to offer one of the most complete, most effective antioxidant products available for both adults and children — Isotonix OPC-3. Isotonix OPC-3 is an isotonic-capable food supplement that is made from a combination of bilberry, grape seed, red wine, and pine bark extracts, and citrus extract bioflavonoids — all found to be potent antioxidants.
Moms, dads and pediatricians understand how difficult it is to ensure children get the nutrients they need. That’s why Market United Kingdom is proud to offer Isotonix OPC-3 — perfect for helping children get the power of Pycnogenol®† in a delicious supplement. In children’s nutrition, Isotonix OPC-3 is in a class of its own, providing a delicious and comprehensive formula, which is easy to take and great for those who have difficulty swallowing tablets. With Isotonix OPC-3, parents and pediatricians can feel confident they are not only providing an easy-to-take supplement, but one that is nutritious and good for the entire family.
Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) are bioflavonoids (complex organic plant compounds) found in fruits, vegetables and certain tree barks that provide exceptional nutritional benefits to the human body. Studies have shown OPCs to be up to 20 times more powerful than vitamin C and 50 times more powerful than vitamin E in neutralising free radicals.
Isotonix OPC-3 supports adult and children’s health using amazing ingredients, including the highly-researched, clinically-studied plant extract Pycnogenol.
While there are many options on the market today to help support a family’s nutritional needs, it’s important to choose a supplement not only with the best formula, but with the best delivery system! Isotonix OPC-3 uses the revolutionary Isotonix delivery system, which ensures maximum delivery of active ingredients at full potency.
†Pycnogenol is the registered trademark of Horphag Research Ltd.
Learn more about the benefits of OPC-3
Isotonix Delivery System
Isotonic, which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration, referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues. In order for a substance to be absorbed and used in the body’s metabolism, it must be transported in an isotonic state.
Isotonix dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution. This means that the body has less work to do in obtaining maximum absorption. The isotonic state of the suspension allows nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. With Isotonix products, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results.
Grape Seed Extract (25 mg)
Grape seed extract is typically extracted from the seeds of red grapes, which have a high content of compounds known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs). Grape seed extract is extremely rich in polyphenols, compounds with high antioxidant activity. Grape seed extract has been found to help maintain cardiovascular health.
Red Wine Extract (25 mg)
Red wine extract is a powerful antioxidant. This extract is found in grape vines, roots, seeds and stalks, with the highest concentration in the skins. The antioxidant properties of red wine extract contribute to maintaining healthy circulation and overall cardiovascular health.
In the late 1990s, scientists took note of a phenomenon among the French. There were very low rates of cardiovascular problems in the provinces where residents consistently ate high fat foods and drank red wine. Scientists concluded that the protective properties of red wine have helped the French maintain cardiovascular health for years and subsequent scientific studies have further shown that the OPCs found in red wine are particularly beneficial for the cardiovascular health.
Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol®) (25 mg)
Pycnogenol is a natural plant extract from the bark of specific maritime pine trees grown exclusively along the coast of southwest France in Les Landes de Gascogne. This unspoiled and natural forest environment is the unique source of pine bark. Pycnogenol is one of the most researched ingredients in the natural product marketplace. Published findings have demonstrated Pycnogenol’s wide array of beneficial effects on the body. Pine bark extract is an all natural combination of procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids.
As a potent antioxidant, Pycnogenol combats oxidative stress. Its super-antioxidant capabilities help support healthy blood glucose levels, maintain joint flexibility and help to promote maintenance of cardiovascular health.
Bilberry Extract (25 mg)
Bilberry extract is derived from the berry-like fruit of a common European shrub closely related to the blueberry. Extracts of the ripe berry are known to contain flavonoid pigments known as anthocyanins, which are powerful antioxidants. Scientific studies suggest that bilberry extracts may help support visual and cardiovascular health.
Citrus Extract (Bioflavonoids) (25 mg)
Citurs bioflavonoids are plant compounds that act as light filters and pigments in the plants. These bioflavonoids are also known for their antioxidant properties. They have been found to help maintain cardiovascular health.
What is Isotonix OPC-3®?
Isotonix OPC-3 is a dietary supplement that bears some of the most powerful bioflavonoids currently known to research scientists. These bioflavonoids are scientifically termed oligomeric proanthocyanidins, commonly abbreviated OPCs. The purest and best-researched OPCs chosen for OPC-3 are prepared from grape seed, red wine, bilberries, Pycnogenol from pine bark and citrus fruit. This combination of powerful OPCs is unique to OPC-3, as is the Isotonix® delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of the OPCs. Numerous scientific studies have shown that ingredients found in OPC - 3 may contribute to the maintenance of cardiovascular health, joint health and flexibility, visual health, immune health, blood pressure, antioxidant protection, and blood glucose levels.
What are the directions for use?
Directions for Use: For Children Ages 2 – 3 years: Pour ½ white bottle capful of powder (1.65 grams) into the overcap. Add water half-way to the line on the overcap (30 mL) and stir. For Adults and Children 4 years and older: Pour 1 level, white bottle capful of powder (3.3 grams) into the overcap. Add water to the line on the overcap (60 mL) and stir. For Adults: For best results take 2 capfuls per 68.2 kg of body weight daily for the first 7-10 days, and take 1 capful thereafter as a maintenance programme. As a food supplement take once daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. Maximum absorption occurs when taken on an empty stomach. This product is isotonic only if the specified amounts of powder and water are used.
Why should everyone take Isotonix OPC-3?
Everyone is subject to free radical damage and oxidative stress. Free radicals develop as byproducts of physiological processes that occur within the body. This damage does not cause noticeable harm at first, yet may add up over the years.OPCs are some of the most powerful natural free radical neutralizers and you get the best of all OPCs by taking Isotonix OPC-3. Regular use every day is vital for keeping free radicals in check and a long, healthy life.
Why is Isotonix OPC-3 great for my children?
Our formula is a delicious, easy-to-take, once a day formula for the entire family to enjoy, especially for fussy children. It is also ideal for anyone who wants key ingredients like Pycnogenol®, grape seed and other extracts and for everyone who has difficulty swallowing capsules or tablets. The research behind Pycnogenol® is amazing for both children and adults, having more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals.* For parents, you will love that our formula contains no artificial flavours or colouring, and it’s a vegetarian product that also contains no added wheat, soy, yeast, gluten, salt, preservatives or milk (lactose) for your children. It is also offered with the fastest and most efficient Isotonix delivery system so nutrients maybe delivered into their bodies fast and efficiently. You can also be assured that our product is produced to high GMP, Good Manufacturing Practises, quality standards.
* For more information visit: www.pycnogenol.com/applications
Can my children take OPC-3 in addition to other Isotonix products?
Yes, some other Isotonix products –Isotonix Digestive Enzymes and Isotonix Multivitamin– can be taken in addition to Isotonix OPC-3. Also, children can take their Isotonix products at the same time like adults already do, as long as they are mixed using the proper ratios as per the directions to keep it isotonic.
Are there any allergens in Isotonix OPC-3?
Isotonix OPC-3 is a vegetarian product and contains no added wheat, soy, yeast, gluten, artificial flavour, salt, preservatives or milk (lactose).
Is there any research on children and the benefits of Pycnogenol?
Yes. A small pilot study showed that supplementation with Pycnogenol® (2 mg/kg of body weight) for 10 weeks can improve markers of oxidative stress in children (13 – 18 years of age) with Crohn’s disease (Kolacek et al., 2013). Supplementation of Pycnogenol® (1 mg/kg of body weight) helped reduce hyperactivity and improve attention in children (6 – 14 years of age) with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) (Trebaticka et al., 2006). Studies have also shown that Pycnogenol® supplementation (1 mg/kg of body weight) for 1 month can help reduce oxidative stress, improve total antioxidant status, and improve attention in children (6 – 14 years of age) with ADHD (Chovanova et al., 2006; Dvorakova et al., 2006, 2007). Furthermore, supplementation with Pycnogenol® (1 mg/lb of body weight) by asthmatic children (6 – 18 years of age) may help reduce signs of asthma and reduce the frequency of use of asthma inhalers (Lau et al., 2004). These claims have not been approved by the European Commission.
What sets Isotonix OPC-3 apart from other bioflavonoid products?
The science-driven selection of OPCs is unique to OPC-3, as is the Isotonix delivery system, which enables rapid and highly efficient absorption of the OPCs. The potent nutrients, in combination with the highly effective delivery system, makes OPC-3 the most powerful free radical scavenging product available.
Is Isotonix OPC-3 safe?
Yes. OPCs are among the most valuable constituents of a healthy human diet. OPCs have been researched and used for over 30 years throughout Europe. OPC-3 contains pure OPCs in combination with carefully balanced quantities of potassium and fructose/glucose, which set up the isotonic delivery system. OPC-3 is free of harmful chemicals, preservatives and alcohol. OPC-3 should be taken as directed.
How long does it take to benefit from Isotonix OPC-3?
OPC-3 not only provides the most potent OPCs available, the unique Isotonix delivery system ensures that the small intestine rapidly absorbs the OPCs, which are available in the blood stream within minutes. This is because the OPCs are delivered in liquid form. The liquid is isotonic, which means it duplicates the environment in our cells and blood stream regarding pH, electrolytes, etc. This enables the OPCs to enter the body easily and with a high level of bioavailability. Because of the rapid absorbability, the body should benefit from Isotonix OPC-3 almost immediately.
Can you take Isotonix OPC-3 in soda, juice, coffee, etc., rather than water?
It is possible but not recommended. This product should only be taken as directed. In order to keep the product in an isotonic form and to achieve the maximum delivery speed, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach with 2 oz. of water per capful. Mixing the products with anything else besides other Isotonix products and water slows down the delivery time and may affect the percentage of uptake.
I am healthy and athletic, why should I take Isotonix OPC-3?
Everyone is vulnerable to the aging process caused by continuous free radical damage. Athletes tend to be exposed to elevated levels of oxidative stress. Free radicals develop as by-products during metabolism when calories are processed with oxygen. Athletes inhale 10 to 20 times more oxygen during physical activity over rest periods. The increase in activity creates additional free radicals. In fact, these free radicals are known to limit performance, as free radicals appear to take their toll on muscle tissue. The antioxidant and circulatory benefits of OPCs may therefore be a benefit to athletes.
Can you tell me more about Pycnogenol®?
Pycnogenol is the registered trademark of Horphag Research (UK) for a standardised extract of bark of the French maritime pine tree. Pycnogenol is particularly renowned for its extensive clinical research with more than 120 studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals. The flavonoids in Pycnogenol not only acts as powerful antioxidants, they also appear to promote the normal generation of nitric oxide (NO), which plays a key role in cardiovascular health.
Does OPC-3 have visible benefits?
Pycnogenol has been reported to help support healthy skin collagen, help the skin feel smoother and more supple, and maintain a healthy skin tone. Additionally, it has been suggested that Pycnogenol may help protect the skin from the photo-aging effects of the sun. These benefits may help support a visibly healthy complexion. However, it requires patience to show visible effects.
Does OPC-3 have benefits specifically for women?
Some OPCs were shown in clinical trials to help women who suffer from menstrual discomfort. When women were supplemented with OPCs, starting at least a week before their menstrual period, menstrual discomfort was significantly eased.
How can OPC-3 help my eyes? . Isotonix OPC-3 contains specific OPCs that have been successfully tested for its contribution to eye health. Pycnogenol has been shown to support healthy circulation in the eye. Therefore, Isotonix OPC-3 may help contribute to the maintenance of visual health.
What is the history of OPCs?
In 1534, French explorer Jacques Cartier was leading an expedition up the St. Lawrence River. Trapped by bad weather, Cartier and his crew were forced to survive on a ration of salted meat and biscuits. Cartier's crew began to suffer from severe deficiency of vitamin C and showed symptoms of scurvy. Many crewmembers died before the surviving members encountered a friendly Native American who saved most of their lives. He told them to make a tea from the bark and needles of the pine tree to cure their malady. They complied and, as a result, Cartier and many crewmembers survived.
Some 400 years later, Professor Jacques Masquelier of the University of Bordeaux, France, read a book by Cartier detailing their expedition. He concluded that pine bark not only contained some vitamin C, but obviously was a good source of bioflavonoids, whose effects are similar to those of vitamin C. Further studies and research revealed that the pine bark contained an array of proanthocyanidins complexes. These compounds were also found in a variety of plants, including grape seeds, cranberries, peanut skin, lemon tree bark and citrus rinds. Masquelier termed the active ingredients of the pine bark "pycnogenols", which today are referred to in the scientific community as oligomeric proanthocyanidins, or OPCs.
- Ames, BN, et al. Oxidants, antioxidants, and the degenerative diseases of aging. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90:7915-7922, 1993.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Oxygen free radical scavenging abilities of vitamins C and E, and a grape seed proanthocyanidin extract in vitro. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 95:179-89, 1997.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Free radicals and grape seed proanthocyanidin extract: importance in human health and disease prevention. Toxicology 148: 187-97, 2000.
- Bagchi, D, et al. Cellular protection with proanthocyanidins derived from grape seed. Ann NY Acad Sci 957:260-70, 2002.
- Bayeta, E., et al. Pycnogenol inhibits generation of inflammatory mediators in macrophages. Nutrition Research 20: 249-259, 2000.
- Blazsó, G., et al. Anti-inflammatory and superoxide radical scavenging activities of a procyanidins containing extract from the bark of Pinus pinaster Sol. and its fractions. Pharm Pharmacol Lett 3: 217-20, 1994.
- Cao G, Alessio H, Cultler R. Oxygen-radical absorbance capacity assay for antioxidants. Fre Rad Biol & Med 14:301-11, 1993.
- Cesarone MR, Di Renzo A, Errichi S, Schönlau F, Wilmer JL, Blumenfeld J. Improvement in circulation and in cardiovascular risk factors with a proprietary isotonic bioflavonoid formula OPC-3. Angiology. 2008 Aug-Sep;59(4):408-14.
- Cheshier JE, Ardestani-Kaboudanian S, Liang B, Araghiniknam M, Chung S, Lane L, Castro A, Watson RR. Immunomodulation by pycnogenol in retrovirus-infected or ethanol-fed mice. Life Sci. 1996;58(5):PL 87-96.
- Chovanova Z, Muchova J, Sivonova M, Dvorakova M, Zitnanova I, Waczulikova I, Trebaticka J, Skodacek I, Durackova Z. Effect of polyphenolic extract, Pycnogenol, on the level of 8-oxoguanine in children suffering from attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Free Radical Research 2006; 40(9):1003-1010.
- Cho, K., et al. Effect of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus maritima on proinflammatory cytokine interlukin-1 production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 168: 64-71, 2000.
- Cho, K., et al. Inhibition mechanisms of bioflavonoids extracted from the bark of Pinus maritima on the expression of proinflammatory cytokines. Annals of the NY Academy of Sciences 928: 141-156, 2001.
- Choi YH, Yan GH. Pycnogenol inhibits immunoglobulin E-mediated allergic response in mast cells. Phytother Res. 2009 Dec;23(12):1691-5.
- Devaraj, S., et al. Supplementation with a pine bark extract rich in polyphenols increases plasma antioxidant capacity and alters the plasma lipoprotein profile. Lipids 37:931-4, 2002.
- Drew B, Leeuwenburgh C. Aging and the role of reactive nitrogen species. Ann NY Acad Sci 959:66-81, 2002.
- Dvorakova M, Jezova D, Blazicek P, Trebaticka J, Skodacek I, Suba J, Iveta W, Rohdewald P, Durackova Z. Urinary catecholamines in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): modulation by a polyphenolic extract from pine bark (pycnogenol). Nutritional Neuroscience 2007; 10(3-4):151-157.
- Dvorakova M, Sivonova M, Trebaticka J, Skodacek I, Waczulikova I, Muchova J, Durackova Z. The effect of polyphenolic extract from pine bark , Pycnogenol, on the level of glutathione in children suffering from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Redox Report 2006; 11(4):163-172.
- Fine, AM, Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes: history, structure, and phytopharmaceutical applications. Altern Med Rev 5:144-51, 2000.
- Fitzpatrick, D., et al. Endothelium-dependent vascular effects of Pycnogenol. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology 32: 509-515, 1998.
- Frankel, E., et al. Inhibition of oxidation of human low-density lipoprotein by phenolic substances in red wine. Lancet 341: 454-7, 1993.
- Freedman, J., et al. Select flavonoids and whole juice from purple grapes inhibit platelet function and enhance nitric oxide release. Circulation 103:2792-8, 2001.
- Frémont, L. Biological effects of resveratrol. Life Sciences 66: 663-673, 2000.
- Furumura M, Sato N, Kusaba N, Takagaki K, Nakayama J. Oral administration of French maritime pine bark extract (Flavangenol(®)) improves clinical symptoms in photoaged facial skin. Clin Interv Aging 2012; 7:275-86.
- Gibson, L, et al. Effectiveness of cranberry juice in preventing urinary tract infections in long-term care facility patients. J Naturopathic Med 2:45-47, 1991.
- Graham DY, Smith JL, Bouvet, AA. What happens to tablets in the stomach. J Pharm Sci 79:420-24, 1990.
- Grether-Beck S, Marini A, Jaenicke T, Krutmann J. French Maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®) effects on human skin: clinical and molecular evidence. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2016; 29:13-17.
- Gulati, O. Pycnogenol® in venous disorders: a review. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 1-13, 1999.
- Havsteen B. Flavonoids, a class of natural products of high pharmacological potency. Biochem Pharm 32:1141-48, 1983.
- Halpern, MJ, et al. Red wine polyphenols and inhibition of platelet aggregation: possible mechanisms, and potential use in health promotion and disease prevention. J Int Med Res 26:171-80, 1998.
- Hosseini, S., et al. Pycnogenol® in the management of asthma. Journal of Medicinal Food 4: 201-209, 2001. HHHh
- Joseph JA, Shukitt-Hale B, Denisova NA, Bielinksi D, Martin A, McEwen JJ, Bickford PC. Reversals of age-related declines in neuronal signal transduction, cognitive, and motor behavioral deficits with blueberry, spinach, or strawberry dietary supplementation. J Neuroscience 19: 8114-21, 1999.
- Kay CD, Holub BJ. The effect of wild blueberry (Vaccinium angustifolium) on post-prandial serum antioxidant status in human subjects. Br J Nutr 88: 389-98, 2002.
- Kehrer JP. Free radicals as mediators of tissue injury and disease. Crit Rev Toxicol 23:21-48, 1993.
- Koch R. Comparative study of Venostatin and Pycnogenol in chronic venous insufficiency. Phytother Res 16:S1-5, 2002.
- Kolacek M, Muchova J, Dvorakova M, Paduchova Z, Zitnanova I, Cierna I, Orszaghova Z, Szekyova D, Jajcaiova-Zednickova N, Kovacs L, Durackova Z. Effect of natural polyphenols (Pycnogenol) on oxidative stress markers in children suffering from Crohn’s disease – a pilot study. Free Radical Research 2013; 47(8):624.634.
- Koparker AD, Augsburger LL, Shangraw RF. Intrinsic dissolution rates of tablet fillers and binders and their influence on the dissolution of drugs from tablet formulations. Pharm Res 7:80-85, 1990.
- Kohama, T., et al. The treatment of gynecological disorders with Pycnogenol®. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 30-32, 1999.
- Kohama, T., et al. Analgesic efficacy of French maritime pine bark extract in dysmenorrhea. Journal of Reproductive Medicine 49: 828-32, 2004.
- Lau BH, Riesen SK, Truong KP, Law EW, Rohdewald P, Barreta RA. Pycnogenol as an adjunct in the management of childhood asthma. Journal of Asthma 2004; 41(8):825-832.
- Liu FJ, Zhang YX, Lau BH. Pycnogenol enhances immune and haemopoietic functions in senescence-accelerated mice. Cell Mol Life Sci. 1998 Oct;54(10):1168-72.
- Liu, X., et al. Antidiabetic effect of Pycnogenol French maritime pine bark extract in patients with diabetes type II. Life Sci 75:2505-13, 2004.
- Liu, X., et al. French maritime pine bark extract pycnogenol dose-dependently lowers glucose in type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care 27: 839, 2004.
- Manna, S., et al. Resveratrol suppresses TNF-Induced activation of nuclear transcription factors NF-kB, activator protein-1, and apoptosis: potential role of reactive oxygen intermediates and lipid peroxidation. The Journal of Immunology 164: 6509-19, 2000.
- Marini A, Grether-Beck S, Jaenicke T, Weber M, Burki C, Formann P, Brenden H, Schönlau F, Krutmann J. Pycnogenol® effects on skin elasticity and hydration coincide with increased gene expressions of collagen type I and hyaluronic acid synthase in women. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2012; 25(2):86-92.
- Maritim, A., et al. Effects of pycnogenol treatment on oxidative stress in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Biochem Mol Toxicol 17:193-9, 2003.
- Mazza G, Kay CD, Cottrell T, Holub BJ. Absorption of anthocyanins from blueberries and serum antioxidant status in human subjects. J Agric Food Chem 50:7731-37, 2002.
- Miyagi, Y., et al. Inhibition of human low-density lipoprotein oxidation by flavonoids in red wine and grape juice. Am J Cardiol 0:1627-31, 1997.
- Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry). Altern Med Rev 6:500-4, 2001.
- Murias M., et al. Resveratrol analogues as selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors: synthesis and structure-activity relationship. Bioorg Med Chem 12: 5571-8, 2004.
- Nesaretnam K, et al. Effect of tocotrienols on the growth of a human breast cancer cell line in culture. Lipids 30:1139-43, 1995.Ni Z, Mu Y, Gulati O. Treatment of melasma with Pycnogenol. Phytother Res 2002; 16(6):567-71.
- Ni Z, Mu Y, Gulati O. Treatment of melasma with Pynogenol. Phytotherapy Research 2002; 16(6):567-571.
- Nichols JA, Katiyar SK. Skin photoprotection by natural polyphenols: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and DNA repair mechanisms. Arch Dermatol Res 2010; 302(2):71-83.
- Nuttall SL, Kendall MJ, Bombardelli E, Morazzoni P. An evaluation of the antioxidant activity of a standardized grape seed extract, Leucoselect. J Clin Pharm Ther 23: 385-89, 1998.
- Ofek I, Goldhar J, Zafriri D, Lis H, Sharon N. Anti-Escherichia coli adhesion activity of cranberry and blueberry juices. New England J Med 324:1599, 1991.
- Packer, L., et al. Antioxidant activity and biologic properties of a procyanidin-rich extract from pine (Pinus maritima) bark, pycnogenol. Free Radic Biol Med 27:704-24, 1999. Review.
- Park YC, Rimbach G, Saliou C, Valacchi G, Packer L. Activity of monomeric, dimeric, and trimeric flavonoids on NO production, TNF-alpha secretion, and NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression in RAW 264.7 macrophages. FEBS Lett. 2000 Jan 14;465(2-3):93-7.
- Qureshi, A, et al. Response of hypercholesterolemic subjects to administration of tocotrienols. Lipids 30:1171-77, 1995.
- Rimbach G, Virgili F, Park YC, Packer L. Effect of procyanidins from Pinus maritime on glutathione levels in endothelial cells challenged by 3-morpholinosydnonimine or activated macrophages. Redox Rep 4:171-77, 1999.
- Rohdewald, P. A review of the French maritime pine bark extract (Pycnogenol®), a herbal medication with a diverse clinical pharmacology. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:158-68, 2002. Review.
- Rohdewald, P. Pycnogenol®. In “Flavonoids in Health and Disease”. Ed. Catherine Rice-Evans and Lester Packer. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1998. 405-19.
- Roseff, S., et al. Improvement in sperm quality and function with French maritime pine tree bark extract. Journal Reproductive Medicine 47: 821-4, 2002.
- Roseff, S., et al. Improvement of sperm quality by Pycnogenol®. European Bulletin of Drug Research 7: 33-6, 1999.
- Saito, M., et al. Antiulcer activity of grape seed extract and procyanidins. J Agric Food Chem 46: 1460-4, 1998.
- Saliou C, Rimbach G, Moini H, McLaughlin L, Hosseini S, Lee J, Watson RR, Packer L. Solar ultraviolet-induced erythema in human skin and nuclear factor-kappa-B-dependent gene expression in keratinocytes are modulated by a French maritime pine bark extract. Free Radic Biol Med 2001; 30(2):154-60.
- Schönlau, F., et al. Pycnogenol® for diabetic retinopathy. International Ophthalmology 24: 161-171, 2002.
- Schönlau, F., et al. The cosmeceutical Pycnogenol®. J Appl Cosmetology 20: 241-6, 2002.
- Segger, D. and Schönlau, F. Supplementation with Evelle® improves skin smoothness and elasticity in a double blind, placebo-controlled study with 62 women. Journal of Dermatological Treatment 15:222-26, 2004.
- Shi, J., et al. Polyphenolics in grape seeds-biochemistry and functionality. J Med Food 6:291-9, 2003. Review.
- Sharma, S., et al. Pycnogenol® inhibits the release of histamine from mast cells. Phytotherapy Research 17: 66-69, 2003.
- Sobota AE. Inhibition of bacterial adherence by cranberry juice: potential use for the treatment of urinary tract infactions. J Urology 131:1013-1016, 1984.
- Soloway MS, Smith RA. J Am Med Assoc 260:1465, 1988.
- Spadea, L., et al. Treatment of vascular retinopathies with Pycnogenol®. Phytotherapy Research 15: 219-23, 2001.
- Stein, J., et al. Purple grape juice improves endothelial function and reduces the susceptibility of LDL cholesterol to oxidation in patients with coronary artery disease. Circulation 100:1050-5, 1999.
- Takada, Y., et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents differ in their ability to suppress NF-kappaB activation, inhibition of expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and cyclin D1, and abrogation of tumor cell proliferation. Oncogene 23: 9247-58, 2004.
- Tomco, A, et al. Antioxidant effects of tocotrienol in patients with hyperlipidemia and carotid stenosis. Lipids 30: 1179-83, 1995.
- Trebaticka J, Kopasova S, Hradecna Z, Cinovsky K, Skodacek I, Suba J, Muchova J, Zitanova I, Waczulikova I, Rohdewald P, Durackova Z. Treatment of ADHD with French maritime pine bark extract, Pycnogenol. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2006; 15(6):329-335.
- Ueda, T., et al. Preventative effect of natural and synthetic antioxidants on lipid peroxidation in the mammalian eye. Ophthalmic Res 28: 184-92, 1996.
- Wallerath, T., et al. Resveratrol, a polyphenolic phytoalexin present in red wine, enhances expression and activity of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Circulation 106:1652-8, 2002.
- Watson, R. Pycnogenol® and cardiovascular health. Evidence-Based Integrative Medicine 1: 27-32, 2003.
- Wei, Z., et al. Pycnogenol enhances endothelial cell antioxidant defense. Redox Report 3: 219-24, 1997.
- Wilson D, Evans M, Guthrie N, Sharma P, Baisley J, Schonlau F, Burki C. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled exploratory study to evaluate the potential of pycnogenol for improving allergic rhinitis symptoms. Phytother Res. 2010 Aug;24(8):1115-9.
- Yamakoshi, J., et al. Proanthocyanidin-rich extract from grape seeds attenuates the development of aortic atherosclerosis in cholesterol-fed rabbits. Atherosclerosis 142:139-149, 1999.
- Yamakoshi J, Sano A, Tokutake S, Saito M, Kikuchi M, Kubota Y, Kawachi Y, Otsuka F. Oral intake of proanthocyanidin-rich extract from grape seeds improves chloasma. Phytother Res 2004; 18(11):895-9.
- Zheng W, Wang SY. Oxygen radical absorbing capacity of phenolics in blueberries, cranberries, chokeberries, and lingonberries. J Agric Food Chem 51:502-9, 2003.
TLS Product Reviews
Displaying reviews 1 - 3 of 3
Bought my first bottle and on my first day I had a burst of energy I hadn't felt in 5 years. I thought it was my imagination. My body felt more flexible. After a few days using this I knew it was working. I'm on my 2nd bottle and about to order my 3rd. This is, for me, a miracle in a bottle.
I love my OPC-3, I this take every single day, this product help me
I love my OPC3 tastes good and is effective