Isotonix Activated B-Complex
- Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Contributes to the normal function of the nervous system
- Contributes to the normal function of the heart
- Contributes to normal psychological functions
- Contributes to normal mental performance
- Contributes to normal function of the immune system
- One serving supplies over 100 percent of RDA of eight key B vitamins, including activated forms of vitamins B2, B6, and B12 to ensure maximum utilisation by the body for optimal results
- Contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Contributes to the normal metabolism of iron in the body
- Contributes to normal blood cell formation.
- Contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
- Contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- Has a role in the process of cell division
- Contributes to normal synthesis and metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D and some neurotransmitters
Gluten-Free - The finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
Vegan - This product is vegan
Isotonic-Capable Drinkable Supplements - Easy-to-swallow supplements in liquid form are immediately available to the body for absorption
Quality Standards - GMP Operations and Standardised Ingredients
Checked For: Heavy Metals, Microbiological Contaminants, Allergens, Potency, Purity and Identity
Why Choose Isotonix Activated B-Complex?
Vitamin B benefits go way beyond energy. For example, Thiamin (vitamin B1) contributes to the maintenance of heart function, while vitamin B6 can help maintain your immune system. Isotonix Activated B-Complex delivers metabolically active forms vitamins B2, B6, and B12 along with several additional B vitamins and select minerals. This is important because traditional forms of vitamins B2, B6, and B12 found in most other B complex products must undergo chemical changes in order to be utilised by the body. Several factors including age and nutritional status may decrease the body’s ability to activate these vitamins. By providing the metabolically active forms of these vitamins in isotonic form, you can be certain that your body is getting the vital nutrients it needs quickly and effectively.
A vitamin B-complex is a mixture of the eight essential B vitamins that play a critical role in metabolism at the cellular level. B vitamins are important for hundreds of biochemical reactions in the body. B vitamin deficiency can lead to fatigue and lethargy, which is why B-complex supplements are excellent energy boosters. Isotonic, which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration, referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues.
Isotonix Delivery System
Isotonix - the World's Most Advanced Nutraceuticals
Isotonic, which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration, referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues. In order for a substance to be absorbed and used in the body’s metabolism, it must be transported in an isotonic state.
Isotonix dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution. This means that the body has less work to do in obtaining maximum absorption. The isotonic state of the suspension allows nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.With Isotonix products, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results.
Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12)
Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is a bacterial product naturally found in animal products, especially organ meats such as liver, with small amounts derived from peanuts and fermented soy products, such as miso and tempeh. It is essential that vegetarians consume a vitamin B12 supplement to maintain optimal health. Vitamin B12, when ingested, is stored in the liver and other tissues for later use. Vitamin B12 contributes to normal red blood cell formation, normal cell division, normal immune system functions, and normal homocysteine metabolism. Vitamin B12 contributes to normal neurological and psychological functions, contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, and contributes to normal energy metabolism. Methylcobalamin is one of the naturally occurring forms of vitamin B12 found in the human body. The liver must convert cyanocobalamin, the form of B12 most commonly used in supplements, into methylcobalamin before it can be properly utilised by the body; methylcobalamin is more effective than non-active forms of vitamin B12. Methylcobalamin also assists in the formation of SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine), a nutrient that has powerful mood-elevating properties.
Folic acid [as (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt, Quatrefolic®]
Folate is mainly found in fruits and vegetables. Dark leafy, greens, oranges, orange juice, beans, peas and Brewer’s yeast are some of the best sources. Folate plays a key role by boosting the benefits of vitamin B12 supplementation. Folate contributes to healthy blood cell formation and division, immune system functions, homocysteine metabolism and amino acid synthesis. Folate contributes to psychological functions and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Quatrefolic® is the glucosamine salt of(6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, the most active form of folate, as it isstructurally analogous to the reduced and active form of folic acid. Becausethis form is naturally present in the body, it is much more bioavailable forits biological action without having to be metabolized in the body.
Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (Vitamin B6)
Poultry, fish, whole grains and bananas are the main dietary sources of vitamin B6. B6 is a co-factor required for protein and amino acid metabolism and helps maintain proper fluid balance. Vitamin B6 contributes to normal red blood cell formation, the normal functioning of the nervous and immune systems, the regulation of hormonal activity and homocysteine metabolism. Vitamin B6 contributes to normal psychological functions, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, and normal energy metabolism. Vitamin B6 contributes to normal protein and glycogen metabolism, cysteine synthesis, and it plays a role in the process of cell division.
Riboflavin-5-Phosphate (Vitamin B2)
Vitamin B2 is found in liver, dairy products, dark green vegetables and some types of seafood. Vitamin B2 serves as a coenzyme, working with other B vitamins. Vitamin B2 plays a crucial role in turning food into energy as a part of the electron transport chain, driving cellular energy on the micro-level. Vitamin B2 is water-soluble and cannot be stored by the body except in insignificant amounts. It must be replenished daily. Riboflavin contributes to the normal metabolism of iron in the body, the maintenance of normal red blood cells and the normal function of the nervous system. It contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and mucous membranes, normal vision and contributes to the protection of cell constituents from oxidative stress. Riboflavin contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, and contributes to normal energy metabolism.
Thiamin HCl (Vitamin B1)
Thiamin or vitamin B1 is a water-soluble vitamin found in small quantities in a variety of foods including cereal grains, yeast, yeast extract and pork. Thiamine contributes to the normal functioning of the heart and nervous systems. Thiamine contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism and psychological functions.
D-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
Pantothenic acid or vitamin B5 is a water soluble vitamin in found in high concentrations in cereal grains, legumes, eggs, meat, avocados, broccoli and yogurt. Pantothenic acid contributes to normal synthesis and metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D and some neurotransmitters. Pantothenic acid contributes to normal mental performance, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and normal energy-yielding metabolism.
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Niacin or vitamin B3 is found in dairy products, poultry, fish, lean meats, nuts, eggs, legumes, and enriched breads and cereals. Niacin contributes to nervous system functions and the maintenance of normal skin and mucous membranes. Niacin contributes to normal psychological functions, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, and to normal energy metabolism.
Biotin can be found in food sources such as egg yolks, peanuts, beef liver, milk, cereals, almonds and Brewer’s yeast. Biotin contributes to normal nervous system functions and to the maintenance of normal skin, hair and mucous membranes. Biotin contributes to normal psychological functions and contributes to normal energy metabolism. Biotin contributes to normal macronutrient metabolism.
Potassium is an electrolyte and an essential macromineral that helps maintain fluid balance in the body. Foods rich in potassium include bananas, oranges, cantaloupe, avocado, raw spinach, cabbage and celery. Potassium contributes to nervous system functions, muscle functions and to the maintenance of blood pressure.
These 10 ingredients combined with the superior delivery of Isotonix create a powerhouse B vitamin product superior to the rest on the market. Isotonix Activated B-Complex delivers all of the B vitamins along with select minerals to contribute to energy, normal psychological functions, and much more. The activated forms of select vitamins and ensure maximal utilisation by the body for optimal results.
What does “Activated” refer to in Isotonix Activated B-Complex?
Activated refers to the active forms of vitamins B6, B12 and folate. Using forms other than these activated forms requires that the vitamins be enzymatically activated prior to utilisation by the body. Not only does this take time and energy within the body, there are circumstances in which this reaction is either slowed or inhibited.
What is the source of the vitamin B12 in our Isotonix Activated B-Complex?
Vitamin B-12 comes from bacteria; it is not synthesised by plants or animals. We get it by taking supplements or by eating eggs or meats. Vegetarians are recommended to take a B vitamin dietary supplement.
Is it toxic to take too much vitamin B12?
Studies have found no confirmed reports of toxic side effects from heightened servings of vitamin B12. However, you should only take Isotonix Activated B-Complex as directed on the bottle.
How do I take Isotonix Activated B-Complex?
Pour one level, white bottle capful of powder into the overcap. Add water to the line on the overcap (2 fl. oz./60 ml) and stir. As a food supplement, take once daily. Maximum absorption occurs when taken on an empty stomach. This product is isotonic only if the specified amounts of powder and water are used.
Are there any warnings or contraindications for Isotonix Activated B-Complex?
If you are currently using any prescription drugs, have ongoing medical condition or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult your healthcare provider before using this product.
Is it a vegetarian product?
Isotonix Activated B-Complex is a vegetarian product and contains no wheat, gluten, soy, yeast, artificial flavour, starch, salt, preservatives or milk.
- Benton D., et al. Thiamine supplementation for mood and cognitive functioning. Psychopharmacology. 129(1):66-71, 1997.
- Benton, D., et al. The effects of nutrients on mood. Public Health Nutr. 2(3A):403-409, 1999.
- Bhagavan, H. N., et al. The effect of pyridoxine hydrochloride on blood serotonin and pyridoxal phosphate contents in hyperactive children. Pediatrics. 55(3):437-441, 1975.
- Bronstrup A, Hages M, Prinz-Langenohl R, Pietrzik K. Effects of folic acid and combinations of folic acid and vitamin B-12 on plasma homocysteine concentrations in healthy, young women. Am J Clin Nutr 68(5):1104-1110, 1998.
- Bryan, J., et al. Associations between dietary intake of folate and vitamins B-12 and B-6 and self-reported cognitive function and psychological well-being in Australian men and women in midlife. J Nutr Health Aging. 8(4):226-232, 2004.
- Bryan, J., et al. Short-term folate, vitamin B-12 or vitamin B-6 supplementation slightly affects memory performance but not mood in women of various ages. Journal of Nutrition. 132(6):1345-1356, 2002.
- Coppen, A., et al. Plasma folate and affective morbidity during long-term lithium therapy. Br J Psychiatry. 141:87-89, 1982.
- Cummings, P. M., et al. Effect of folic acid and antioxidant vitamins on endothelial dysfunction in patients with coronary artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 36:758-765, 2000.
- Dharmarajan, T. S., et al. Vitamin B12 deficiency. Recognizing subtle symptoms in older adults. Geriatrics. 58(3):30-34, 2003.
- Doshi, S. N., et al. Folic acid improves endothelial function in coronary artery disease via mechanisms largely independent of homocysteine lowering. Circulation. 105(1):22-26, 2002.
- Duthie, S. J., et al. Homocysteine, B vitamin status, and cognitive function in the elderly. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 75(5):908-913, 2002.
- Friso, S., et al. Low plasma vitamin B-6 concentrations and modulation of coronary artery disease risk. Am J Clin Nutr. 79(6):992-998, 2004.
- Grant, J. E., et al. Analysis of dietary intake and selected nutrient concentrations in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J Am Diet Assoc. 96(4):383-386, 1996.
- Hartvig, P., et al. Pyridoxine effect on synthesis rate of serotonin in the monkey brain measured with position emission tomography. Neural Trans. 102:91-97, 1995.
- Heap, L. C., et al. Vitamin B status in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. J R Soc Med. 92(4):183-185, 1999.
- Heseker, H., et al. Psychological disorders as early symptoms of a mild-to-moderate vitamin deficiency. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 669:352-357, 1992.
- Jacobson, W., et al. Serum folate and chronic fatigue syndrome. Neurology. 43:2645-2647, 1993.
- Kelly, G. S. Nutritional and botanical interventions to assist with the adaptation to stress. Alternative Medicine Review. 4(4):249-265, 1999.
- Litoff, D., et al. Effects of pantothenic acid supplementation on human exercise. Med Sci Sport Exercise. , 17(Supplement):287, 1985.
- Osada, K., et al. Experimental study of fatigue provoked by biotin deficiency in mice. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 74(5):334-340, 2004.
- Quadri, P., et al. Homocysteine, folate, and vitamin B-12 in mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer disease, and vascular dementia. Am J Clin Nutr. 80(1):114-122, 2004.
- Riggs, K. M., et al. Relations of vitamin B-12, vitamin B-6, folate, and homocysteine to cognitive performance in the Normative Aging Study. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 63(3):306-314, 1996.
- Van den Berg M., et al. Combined vitamin B-6 plus folic acid therapy in young patients with arteriosclerosis and hyperhomocysteinemia. Journal Vascular Surgery. 20(6):933-940, 1994.
- van Oort FV, Melse-Boonstra A, Brouwer IA, et al. Folic acid and reduction of plasma homocysteine concentrations in older adults: a dose-response study. 77:1318-23, 2003.
- Vargiu, R., et al. Enhancement of muscular performance by a coformulation of propionyl-L-carnitine, coenzyme Q(10), nicotinamide, riboflavin and pantothenic acid in the rat. Physiol Behav. 76(2):257-63, 2002.
- Wald DS, Bishop L, Wald NJ, et al. Randomized trial of folic acid supplementation and serum homocysteine levels. Arch Intern Med 61:695-700, 2001.
- Werbach, M. R. Nutritional strategies for treating chronic fatigue syndrome. Alternative Medicine Review. 5(2):93-108, 2000.
- Woo, K. S., et al. Long-term improvement in homocysteine levels and arterial endothelial function after 1-year folic acid supplementation. American Journal of Medicine. 112(7):535-539, 2002.
TLS Product Reviews
Displaying reviews 1 - 5 of 7
B for Buddy
Need my B Complex everyday, for energy and good mood...my best daily buddy!
Response from Customer Service:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on Isotonix® Activated B-Complex. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the product.
Thank you again!
Market Singapore Product Team
I love the taste of my new fav combo, OPC3 + B Complex + Magnesium.
Response from Customer Service:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on the Isotonix® Activated B-Com. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the product.
Thank you again! Market Singapore Product Team
Great buy and quick delivery
What can one say, as described in the advert and in the bottle. It has done what I expected.
For energy, focus and productivity take this.
I give this product high ratings! I was given this as a trial I was not expecting much until the the second or third day but the results were instant. The taste is pleasant, taken on an empty stomach I felt awake, alert and I was able to focus on my tasks. I have now swapped caffeine for B-complex and as I cant live with out it, I have it on auto-ship so I am never without!!
So much energy!
Love taking Isotonix B Complex! Not only does it give me the energy I need as a busy working Mum, but taken with Isotonix Calcium Plus it acts as a great stress reliever. I find it difficult to swallow tablets, so this is the best way for me to take my nutritional products....and it tastes GREAT! Best ever....